Remember: Progressive Discipline Must Be “Firm, Fair, and Consistent!”
Generally speaking, employees are always going to feel that the manager, or supervisor, is not being fair when he/she is given a written warning. To ensure a fair process consider these five questions prior to administering disciplinary warnings:
1. Does the punishement fit the crime?
2. Are you being consistent?
3. Have you properly investigated the facts?
4. Have you been prompt with handing out the disciplinary action?
5. Has the discipline been confidential?
Discipline is never easy but it is the key to fending off wrongful termination lawsuits.
Any testimonials out there?? Let’s hear about them!