Our Additional Services we offer.
- Assistance with investigating sexual harassment allegations
- Confidentiality ensured on all information obtained
- Written reports of findings and recommendations as applicable
- Representation before all applicable state and federal agencies via written response
State and Federal Agency Interaction
- Department of Labor Standards Enforcement (wage and hour issues)
Complaint processing and hearing representation
- Discrimination Complaints (EEOC and DFEH)
Investigation and response
Representation for on-site investigations
- Sexual Harassment Complaints
Investigation and response
- Workers Compensation (Labor Code Section 132a; Serious and Willful Claims)
Investigation, response, and representation
- Employment Development Department And
California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board
Written response and hearing representation
- CAL-OSHA complaints
Policies and Procedures Development and Review
- Affirmative Action plans
- Personnel handbook (development and review)
- Job descriptions
- Salary administration
- Injury prevention programs
Sexual Harassment Compliance
- On-site training of employees, supervisors, and upper management
- Ongoing consultation to assist employers with
everyday questions and situations
- Assistance with developing policies and procedures
- Employee-related problems
- State and federal agencies
- Public policy violations
- Administrative agencies
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Department of Fair Employment and Housing
- Department of Labor Standards Enforcement
- Workers Compensation Appeals Board
- Employment Development Department
(English and Spanish)
- Sexual harassment
- Violence in the workplace
From time to time clients have requested that one of our staff assist in the on-site termination of an employee.
The reasons may vary from fear to factors that include ensuring that all of the proper protocols have been followed prior to,
and at the time of, termination.
Letters from Attorneys
Occasionally our clients receive letters from attorneys threatening litigation for some adverse action taken by an employer against an employee. Our staff has been extremely successful in framing a response to such letters and meeting with attorneys to resolve the issues without the necessity of litigation. In the event that the matter cannot be resolved amicably, it is referred to outside counsel.
Our staff members are prepared to assist employers with conflicts between managers (or supervisors) and employees. A staff member will appear on-site and meet with both the manager and the employee individually and assist with resolving the conflict. The same procedure is also followed for conflicts between co-workers.
Our staff members have been called into service to work
on an individual basis with managers or supervisors who
need individualized training to improve their managerial
or supervisory skills. The mentoring program is
administered at the offices of Potts & Associates and requires one-to-two-hour weekly visits by the manager.
The program can last from four weeks to 16 weeks depending upon the need.